My Tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughtful Thursday

Since it's Thanksgiving this week I wanted to post a little early (gonna be watching the parade with my boy on TV in the morning and heading over to my in-laws after that so I don't think I'll be on the computer much at all) AND since it's Thanksgiving, I thought I would do a happy post about all the things I am thankful for this year :)
~~~~~~~~~
First and foremost, I am thankful that my sister wrote in her journal at school about all the yucky stuff that was going on at our house and that her teacher was concerned enough to call DSS! If that had not happened, who knows where I would be today....probably 6 feet under and not sitting here typing all this out.....SO a hearty thank you to big sister #2 who finally got someones attention!
.
.
Second, I am thankful for my wonderful social worker who held my hand while I cried and told everyone all the nightmares I had lived through and when my mother told me to stop fantasizing, that none of that happened! My social worker was an amazing woman and I am so thankful she took me away from all that!
.
.
Third, I am thankful for my husband who has been by my side for 18 1/2 years! He's my lodestone, my rock, my shoulder to cry on when I feel lost and all alone!
.
.
Fourth I am thankful that I have a healthy son and that he is growing up to be such a wonderful and loving child! I almost lost him at 30 weeks and the doctors still can not explain how my body held out and carried that child to term. The vast amount of scar tissue and damage caused by my childhood sexual abuse should have completely prevented me from getting pregnant in the first place and it certianly should have prevented a full term healthy 8 lb. 2 oz. baby boy! Yes, he's my amazing blessing, me reward for all that I suffered! He is the icing on my life's cake, he covers up all the cracks and breaks caused by getting stuck to the pan I was baked in. He is my everything, my pride and joy, my greatest accomplishment by far!
.
.
And finally (just to wrap this up because Orion just got up and wants me to go play with him) I am so thankful that we live in a world of technology so that I can have this blog, I can have things like facebook and I can reconnect with very dear friends like Angel that I posted about just last week!
.
.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday! Enjoy the friends and family you have and make sure they all know that they are loved and appreciated by you! If you are one of those "Black Friday Shoppers" Enjoy, be safe and above all get lots of great deals!



No comments: