My Tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

I feel like I live in constant combat with virus and flu germs these days. Orion has kids missing from his classroom because of sickness on a daily basis, one kid just returned after being out for 2 weeks with confirmed flu. On and off he has run a low grade fever himself, some sniffles and a little cough....everything seems to be managable at this point. He does seem more tired than usual, actually falling asleep without the assistance of melatonin supplements (a godsend to any parent of an ADHD child taking adderall) THAT is unheard of! My boy does not sleep, he has never slept solid! Even as a baby he would cat nap through the day, never sleeping more than 20 or 30 minutes at a time and at night he would sleep at the most 2 hour stretches. As he got older he would fall asleep around midnight and be wide awake at 5 or 5:30 in the morning! Sleeping through the night was always something I envied, major jealousy would settle in everytime a mother would rejoice in their child sleeping through the night! Seriously, this kid does not sleep! I give him melatonin supplements so that he'll fall asleep by 10:30 pm and sleep until 6 or 6:30 in the morning......so when he's falling asleep by 9:30pm and not waking up again until 7am (without the assistance of melatonin)...I'm seriously checking for a pulse to be sure he's still alive and then getting concerned when I see him breathing just fine, concerned because I know he must be coming down with something and it's only a matter of time before the germs work their way into his system.


.

Meanwhile I have a much weaker immune system because of poor nutrition as a child and a bad beginning so I get hit with these germs like a brick wall. I have been feverish, achy, had upset stomach and other "flu-like symptoms" and been sooooooooooooooo tired...thus the title of this post!



No comments: