My Tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Looks like the boy is getting sick :(

Yep, Orion has been coughing a few times a day the past few days, sniffling on and off but nothing too major. Tonight I did the unimaginable (that's kissing his forehead just don't tell him I told you cause that's just way embarrassing for a 9 year old!) ANYWAY, he felt warm so I popped the old thermometer into his ear and came out with 101.2. I know, I know, it's not that high BUT the school sent me an e-mail just today about reported cases of the flu and how it wasn't confrmed H1N1 but it was definately the flu and if the kids show a fever over 100.1 we should keep them home until they have had a 24 hour period of being below 100.1 without any form of fever reducing medication. SO it looks like Orion will most likely be staying home from school tomorrow and I am praying for no fever so he'll be able to go to school on Wednesday. I do not see a reason to take him to the doctor though...that's a sure way to get him sick and keep him home for a week lol



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I steer clear of doctors offices, surefire way to get sick is to sit in one of them for 20 minutes. Unless it's an emergency, I'm not like ANTI-medical attention, lol. Hope the fever goes down & the kiddo perks up. Enjoy your time together tho! Sometimes sick days are pretty cool. ;)