My Tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A parenting dilema

There's this boy that Orion knows, the were in class together in kindergarten, both have ADHD and social problems that makes their lives difficult. They get along great and play well together. I don't mind having this boy over here to play, he does well and I am quite used to dealing with the quirks of life with ADHD.

The problem arises when this boy wants to have Orion come over to his house. See his mother is very young (don't get me wrong, I am not against young mothers in general, heck one of my best friends is an awesome mother of 2 and is 13 or 14 years younger than me) The problem is that she has 3 children from 3 different fathers, is not married, currently dating some guy that is not the father of any of the 3 children and all the guys she has ever dated has had problems with drugs and drinking. There was one time back when the boys were in kindergarten that she had Orion over to play with her son. She told me she would return him at a certian time and then showed up almost an hour late. She did not answer her phone when I called her to find out where she was, I knew one of her neighbors (she was living in an apartment at the time) and I called that neighbor to go check if maybe the kids had her distracted and maybe she lost track of time only to find out they weren't even there! She had decided to take them off to some playground somewhere and hadn't taken her cell phone and had lost track of time....but the point was that she had my child, didn't tell me when she opted to take him somewhere, and did not take any form of communication device with her. I know it was 4 years ago, but I am still concerned because of it. She never understood why I had been upset that day and that concerns me as well.

No comments: