My Tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kept him home

Boy woke up this morning with a 101.9 fever, sore throat and sore, swollen glands in his neck. I called the peds office just to go over his symptoms and make sure it wasn't anything to worry about..they asked me to bring him into the lab for a throat culture and an H1N1 test just to be on the safe side. I took him in for that...in and out in less than 3 minutes...and they'll call me tomorrow only if it's positive for anything. If I don't hear from them it's negative and he's just got a virus/cold and nothing to worry about.

So needless to say he stayed home from school, hung out on the couch watching cartoons and playing xbox all day long. I maintained the fever with alternating doses of motrin and tylenol, but as soon as it wore off the fever came right back. Looks like no school tomorrow either since the fever won't stay down with out fever reducing meds. Not that he'll mind in the least lol he's not a real big fan of school!



No comments: