My Tickers

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bad putty tat

We have 4 cats here, I love them all most Rex is in the dog house!

Last night Rex was sitting on the back of the couch and started horfing like he had a hairball stuck in his throat. I didn't want a hairball on my head or on my couch so I grabbed him to toss him onto the floor where it would be easier to clean....he proceeded to grab my wrist with his meathooks and sink them in as deep as they could possibly go! Upon withdrawing said meathooks my wrist starts gushing blood...we're talking erupting like a volcano! SERIOUSLY! OMG I thought he had hit a vein or something! I grabbed a paper towel that happened to be on the coffee table and applied pressure while cursing the cat and resisting the urge to kick his butt outdoors as coyote bait! I got the bleeding stopped but it didn't feel right, I could tell something was wrong, I just didn't know what exactly.

This morning I get up to take the dog out to do his business and I couldn't move my wrist, I couldn't grab a door knob, I couldn't twist or grip, nothing! I could wiggle my fingers but putting pressure or gripping something with them....forget it, it just wasn't happening! I called the doctor first chance and went in to see her...apparently my wonderful kitty had actually knicked a tendon in my wrist. He didn't do so much damage that I require surgery, just enough to cause a lot of pain and swelling and the inability to bend my wrist or do much of anything with my right hand....and did I mention I"M RIGHT HANDED!!!! I get to have large doses of motrin every few hours and wrapped up in an ace bandage to help relieve some of the pressure from the swelling. I have to ice it on and off through the day and watch for any signs of infection since it was a cat meathook that got me and cat claws aren't really cleaned on a regular basis! Let me tell ya, that cat is lucky he still has a home! I think next time I'll let him horf on the couch rather than risk this kind of injury ever again! Typing one handed isn't easy, and that's what I do all night at work...I type so my life is a lot harder for the next few weeks as this heals. The doc says it'll be at least 2 to 3 weeks :(

No comments: