My Tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

Just a quick update on Merlin

Received a phone call from the vet this morning, Merlin seems to be doing better today, no signs of external bleeding but his scrotum area is still red and swollen. They said last night his red blood cell count was 40 which is good, this morning it had dropped to 35. This could either be from the bleeding yesterday and he is finally equalizing or he could be bleeding internally. They are going to keep him most the day and test his red blood cell count again around 2 this afternoon. If he maintains the 35 we'll be able to bring him home. We will have to keep him confined to one room where the other animals will not be able to bother him and he will be able to be quiet for at least a week.

So now I am waiting for this afternoon when they will call with the next update, I should hear from them around 2:30 or 3 this afternoon.

No comments: