My Tickers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

11 Years Ago Today




It was a beautiful day, the day my whole world changed forever. 

A beautiful 8 pound 12 ounce bouncing baby boy came into this world and turned it upside down. Suddenly my heart was no longer inside my body, it was instead in my arms. As I beheld that wonderful miracle my husband and I created, I knew that from that moment on I would give anything, do anything, to make his world everything mine was not. He would know love, he would know kindness, he would know all those things I should have known but didn't. I also knew that he was going to teach me, he was going to heal me and he was going to be the beginning of my greatest adventure ever. 

As I held that small piece of perfection I understood, this was my destiny, my reason for being.
 
This is why I survived!

Happy Birthday Orion, I love you more than life itself!



No comments: