My Tickers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

So neglectful

But don't say I didn't warn ya lol I told you at the beginning of the year that I can't seem to keep a resolution and sure enough here I am over 2 weeks late on a Thoughtful Thursday and no blog posts in like forever!  So sorry peoples....here's an update.....

We went snowboarding for my birthday! It was great, we pulled Orion out of school at noon time on the Friday before my birthday and headed up to New Hampshire. We got up there only to find out that Orion had packed his swimming shirt but NOT his swimming trunks. We searched and searched and did I mention searched, for swimming trunks! After almost 2 hours of going from store to store, we finally found a pair at Old Navy! Even Walmart didn't have any!  Anyway, we finally get back to the hotel, have a good swim (or should I say Orion swam and I soaked in the hot tub) then back to our room to relax for the evening.

Saturday was my birthday, we got to the mountain only to discover that Orion had forgotten the liners for his mitts so we had to buy him a new pair of snowboarding mitts because wearing just the shell would have been horribly cold for him. It was a perfect day though and Orion was literally carving top to bottom and gaining speed. He's got the skill down, now it's all practice! It was amazing to watch him really getting it and not wanting to take a break or anything, he just wanted to keep going back up again and again and again!  We had an amazing day of riding together as a family and headed back to the hotel at the end of the day exhausted and happy. I enjoyed soaking in the hot tub again and Orion and Dad played in the pool and then soaked in the hot tub with me. The boys took me out to Chili's for a birthday dinner and then back to the hotel for more pool time for Orion. I just sat on the sidelines reading my kindle.


Sunday morning we woke up to find that it had rained over night and it was all icy and cold outside. We opted to drive up to the mountain but after just one run we realized it was not good conditions. It was all frozen and icky cold and wet and just not fun. We packed our bags and headed home early. We got home to find that the rain here at home had caused the stuff on the roof to be exceptionally heavy and we were afraid it was going to cave in so we spent the afternoon shoveling snow off the roof while Orion got to go play at his friends house.

Last week was a week of working hard for me, making money and trying to catch up on much needed housework that I had been neglecting. Of course by the time the end of the week got here I was coughing and had a sore throat and a low grade fever. Still not feeling good now but plugging away and hopefully I'll be feeling much better real soon.

Meanwhile, this weekend the next door neighbors grandkids are up from Maryland and Orion loves to hang out with them so he is well entertained and I get to get some much needed rest during the day.

No comments: